Benefits of this technology
Meteor is a highly scalable framework which makes it a good fit for large scale projects. Using it helps simplify the development process. This means fewer bugs and a higher quality output.
- Uses just one programming language for server and client which simplifies development and makes maintenance much more efficient
- Meteor makes it easy to build real-time apps thanks to its full-stack reactivity (no need to refresh pages to see them update)
- Packages simplify some of the common tasks and remove need to reinvent wheel
- Active and supportive community of developers
- Can be used to develop cross-platform mobile apps
This framework is great for building real-time applications. Any database changes can be instantly seen on your interface layer. Instant document changes make it also a great for collaboration apps. It also works great if you need to create a MVP in a short span of time.
Where we would not use it
If you are building client only app, a traditional website, need to integrate with MySQL database, or create a web service without client, we would advise a different route.