Closing Date 5th March
We are looking for a Scrum Master to join our Tech for Good app and web development team. GearedApp is growing fast, and we need a motivated and forward thinking project manager like you to help the team to deliver bigger and better digital platforms.With a global client-base no project is the same, so look forward to an exciting and diverse opportunity.
We are looking for an experienced Agile Scrum Master to deliver digital projects for GearedApp clients. We are a values led team who put customers at the heart of everything we do, and build software that gives them an edge!
Scrum Master duties include managing timelines, resolving problems and coaching team members on Agile methodologies. Ultimately, you’ll help create self-organising teams that are flexible and fully productive during sprints. This is an exciting opportunity to make a big impact within an innovative, supportive and growing company. Above all, you will have a love for digital technologies and the great potential technology can have.
If this sounds like your cup of tea (and we drink a lot of it!), keep reading for required skills and a bit more info about the position.
Here are a few challenges you’ll face as Scrum Master:
- Work on a daily basis with clients and teams remotely
- Guide and coach the Scrum Team on how to use Agile principles and the Scrum framework to bring value to client
- Promote and support Agile practices within the organisation
- Organise and facilitate Scrum events including sprint planning sessions, backlog refinements, daily scrums, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives
- Identify and help to remove any blockers
- Facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution
- Ensure cross-team coordination
- Help other team members develop, contribute to our culture and help GearedApp to grow
We want you on board if you have:
- Theoretical and practical knowledge about Agile software development methodologies, values, and processes
- You will have worked in the digital space for a minimum of 3 years, and have at least 2 years experience running teams as an Agile Scrum Master
- Practical experience with product delivery in Scrum
- Practical experience with Jira
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative approach for driving decisions
- Fluent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
- Strong problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Experience in working with teams of >= 5 members
- Experience with remote work
Extra points for:
- Professional Scrum Master certification
- Being passionate about new technologies
- High motivation and self-drive for learning and personal development
- The ability and willingness to obtain and share knowledge with others
Working with GearedApp
You’ll fit right in with GearedApp if you are excited about the prospect of working and growing with a forward thinking, values-led digital company. We are a friendly and approachable bunch, with an informal yet professional approach to our projects. We have a relaxed culture, centred around our Tech for Good ethos, the relationships and support we have for one another and getting things right for our clients. We know that work-life balance is important, and will make sure you have the support you need to grow in your role.
Due to current times the team have moved to a completely remote model, all working from home using Slack and video conferencing for our daily standups. While living in Edinburgh/Scotland is an advantage for meetings and team working post-covid, this is not a requirement.
Salary and Benefits:
- 30k to 40k Salary D.O.E
- 34 days holiday per year, including company Christmas break
- F*it days – Need a day off to recharge, no questions asked? No problem
- Flexible working hours – part time considered
- Macbook and equipment provided
- £200 home office allowance
- Training opportunities and personal development
- Companywide pension scheme
- Opportunity to make a big impact within a young company
- Bright, modern studio based in Leith, Edinburgh (Flexibility over the days you come to the office/WFH)
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Regular team nights out
- Casual dress code
- Cycle to work scheme
- Send us your CV & Cover letter explaining why you want to work with us
- Answer a few questions during initial online call
- Join an interview with the Directors and CTO (currently remote-only)
- Welcome aboard!
We will notify you about the results on each step!